Tuesday, May 01, 2012

A good book day

Not only is Massachusetts greeting the month of May with heavy cloud cover and showers, making it the perfect day to snuggle in and read, but look what just arrived in the mail!


The sequel to Divergent by Veronica Roth: Insurgent.  If you are a Hunger Games fan and haven't read Divergent yet, what are you doing?  Get thee to a library or bookseller posthaste!

Bitterblue is the third book by Kristin Cashore, and is the sequel to Graceling, which both Jazz and I read and loved a couple of years ago.  While Fire is a little fresher in my memory, it didn't feature the same characters as Graceling and Bitterblue, so I think a little reread is in order.  Jazz will be happy to grab this one away from me while I reacquaint myself with Graceling.

And, while I'm a huge fan of Rick Riordan's Heroes of Olympus and Percy Jackson series, there's just something about the Kane siblings that made The Red Pyramid and The Throne of Fire so much fun to read.  The Serpent's Shadow is sure not to disappoint!

1 comment:

Tabatha said...

Sweet!!