Monday, January 04, 2010

Good finds of the week. . .


. . . and it's only Monday!


1. Thanks to Sheila for letting me know that Joshua Bell is featured in this month's Bon Appetit magazine.  An interview by Amy Albert can be read here.  The illustration (right) is by Masa.


2. Ten Dollar Dinners is a new cooking show on Food Network that the kids and I discovered after watching a marathon of "The Next Food Network Star" on New Year's Eve and Day (the show is the winner's "prize").  While I'm not sure our Massachusetts prices will allow me to make all of the meals for under ten dollars, I was pleasantly surprised to look at the recipes available and realize that a) most of the ingredients are ones I have on hand, b) most of the recipes contain foods my kids eat, and c) with a few minor modifications I can actually eat most of the foods prepared as directed (I don't eat eggs or soy in any form, and limit my dairy intake).  


Toujours bon appetit!

No comments: