Saturday, February 11, 2012

TBR pile

Just got a stack of interlibrary loan requests from the library.  Wouldn't you know they all showed up at once?  Hope to be able to get through the following in short order:


All Clear by Connie Willis (speedily read the first book in the series--Blackout as BPL-loaned Kindle book--and LOVED it.  I am a sucker for time travel and Britain, combined (Doctor Who, anyone?).  Also, WWII doesn't hurt--must have spent some previous, likely short-lived life in Blitz-ridden London).


Fracture by Megan Miranda.  Probably read about this one at Galleysmith, which I get in my inbox almost every day.


Midnight in Austenland, by Shannon Hale.  (I loved Austenland.  Have read everything by Shannon Hale I've been able to put my hands on since finding that book.)


The Snow Child, by Iowyn Ivey, partly because I love the author's first name, but also because it sounds fabulous.


The Day Before, by Lisa Schroeder (probably another Galleysmith find).

Also, downstairs, so not in my read-before-bed stack, but in my read-when-alert stack:


The Entitlement Trap, by Richard and Linda Eyre


The Hidden Gifts of the Introverted Child, by Marti Olsen Laney

and, my ongoing non-fiction favorite of the past decade:


Quiet--the Power of Introverts in a World that Can't Stop Talking, by Susan Cain

What are you reading these days?

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh, we just finished reading 'Quiet'...what an interesting and affirming book!! My introvert 14 yr old enjoyed it very much as well.

I am just adding your TBR to my TBR :)

scooping it up said...

I am reading Nurture Shock, which is brilliant, as well as North and South, which is a long time in coming. I also just read Life is so Good by George Dawson, about a 98 year old man who finally at that page learned how to read and his life before then. Wonderful! (came to your blog through the MA home school yahoo group :)

Christina said...

{{waves}} to Melissa across the miles. : )

scooping--I read a bit about Nurture Shock when it first came out, but couldn't bring myself to read the book itself. I've read more parenting books than you can shake a stick at and I'd rather not have all that info. turned on its ear, if you know what I mean. What are you finding appealing about it?