Monday, September 20, 2010

Book Sharing Monday - David Wiesner

A new David Weisner picture book is out--let there be great rejoicing!


Art and Max, by David Wiesner

It's a good one, too.  I love many things about this book: the quirky little reptiles and the author-illustrator's use of color, for instance.  But what I love most about this book is the celebration of thinking outside the, well, not "box" in this case, but canvas.

Here is Wiesner, talking about the creation of this book:



Hope you enjoy it as much as we have!

Book Sharing Monday is hosted by Canadian Home Learning.  Head on over and share what book caught your eye this week!

5 comments:

l said...

Oh! A new-to-us author!! I am off to our library website to see what I can find from this creative author. Thanks for sharing!

l said...

I figured out that we have read 1 from this author before, The Loathsome Dragon, and that our library has many more.
Again thank you, we love discovering new authors!

Christina said...

Tuesday is another favorite of ours from this author. It appeals to my kids on so many levels!

Playing by the book said...

I didn't know about this so thanks! Don't forget Flotsam - it too is wonderful.

l said...

I tried to find an e-mail for you but couldn't, so this spot will have to do!
I wanted to thank you for recommending David Wiesner. We have now Tuesday, Flotsam, and Sector 7 from our library and my children asked me to get more. I loved them as well, all the interesting details, and so many story possibilities! Thank you.