Monday, January 10, 2011

Book review: Rival

RivalRival by Sara Bennett Wealer
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I really enjoyed the peek into the minds of serious young vocalists!  The competition in their musical and romantic lives makes this book a fast, emotionally engaging read, and the author does a great job of differentiating between the two main characters' voices when they take it in turns to narrate the story.  I didn't want the story to end, and can't wait for this author's next book!


Rival comes out February 15, 2011 but is available for pre-order at Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Rival-Sara-Bennett...


View all my reviews

One other quick note: the recommended age from the publisher is "12 and up."  Due to mature content I would push that lower age limit up to 14.

1 comment:

Lynne said...

Thanks for the review and the age note. But who will remind me of this book in a few years?