Monday, December 01, 2008

Music Monday - Holiday Music #1

This is that time of the year--you know, the one when you hear Jingle Bells ad nauseam. So, in order to combat ear fatigue, I give you a few of my favorites, starting now. I hope I've figured out how to embed these little snippets of songs!

The cd I always reach for first as soon as Thanksgiving is over is Bright Day Star by the Baltimore Consort, which you can still find at iTunes or as mp3 files at Amazon even though copies are no longer being released from the recording label. I've waxed poetic about the voice of BC member Custer LaRue before, but it's the instrumentals in the first track that I love best. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Lynne said...

Thanks for the lovely little bit of music! And...you're so cool. You figured out how to put snippets of music in your posts. I love it!

Christina said...

Yes, and it only took me until 1:30 a.m. to give up and go to Amazon widgets! See you soon--look for the woman with gigantic dark circles under her eyes (camouflaged oh-so-nicely by specs).