I was tagged by LB at 3 Ring Binder to post six things people don't know about me, and man, this is difficult. I consider myself a reserved person, so one would think there is a lot about me that people don't know. Maybe I'm just boring??? Sad, but possibly true.
1. My elementary school teachers thought I would grow up to be an artist (as in paint, pencil, paper, etc.).
2. One of my celebrity look-alikes was Mikhail Gorbachev. I believe I ticked the "gender: F" button after that revelation.
3. I've started writing a handful of short stories and never finished any of them.
4. I saw Andy Williams in concert with my parents when I was nineteen (and enjoyed the performance).
5. My college violin professor (at the dry campus of the Christian college I attended) bet me a bottle of wine and a bottle of whiskey that I would nail The Lark Ascending by Ralph Vaughan Williams in my senior recital (no, that's not me in the YouTube video, though I have worn a similar dress to perform a solo with an orchestra--mine was shorter. . . much). My dear teacher also threatened to make me drink a shot before going out on stage. Needless to say, she remains one of my favorite professors of all time.
6. I met Joshua Bell when I was eighteen!!!!! Shook his hand and chatted briefly, even (and I'm sure I was a witty eighteen-year-old--probably told him about my passion for Andy Williams). It was a small concert in a tiny church in central PA--just him and Samuel Sanders (pianist). I bet the seats weren't even half filled. He was but nineteen and just getting started as a soloist.
There, I feel better. I'm tagging my friend Barb over at the cardinal compass. Go, Barb, go!